Why can't I pay with my debit card?

Kelpie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new user who's only recently joined paypal. My bank account is verified and my debit card is set up on the site and was working fine until just today. When making a purchase on a website today, the only payment options were e-cheque or instant bank transfer. My debit card was working fine yesterday and always turned up as the first payment option, but now it is no longer available as a payment option for some reason?. Why can't I pay using my debit card? It worked for my first five purchases with the site (two last night and three this morning), but on my sixth purchase it stopped showing my debit card as a payment option for some reason, even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday and this morning.

Is there any way to fix this problem so I can use my debit card as my payment option? I really don't want to have to pay by e-cheque if at all possible since it takes so long. the only reason I signed up my bank account was so I could use my card, since it's so easy to pay using it.

Thankyou in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
129 REPLIES 129

mydog26

sandranath
New Community Member

bowmorebill
New Community Member

I have used paypal often in the past when dealing with e-bay, my method of payment is by using my visa/debit card

all of a sudden my card is no longer being used on the paypal site.

Login to Me Too

jssify
New Community Member

i am also facing the same problem, unable to send money through debit card though everthing is ok i.e bank linked to paypal,debit card also linked and verified

an comprehensive answer appriciated

Thanks

Login to Me Too

hamlet
Contributor
Contributor

as i was browsing I made a bid and was asked to undergo a security check. I put my card details in 3 times and each time was informed that it was an invalid no.  This is ridiculous, time wasting and unnecessary.

Login to Me Too

hamlet
Contributor
Contributor

mobydoo
New Community Member

I'm having the same prob...

Gone to pay for something through PayPal A/c - Added card (which was fine) then went to ''Add Bank''  but unfortunately my sort code & account no* are not recognised as valid??

Really peeved now... as all I wanna do is pay for my item!! 

Not good PayPal - not good at all... especially for someone who just likes things done simply lol.

Login to Me Too

gritl1919
Contributor
Contributor

@zareena wrote:

How do I 'link' my Debit card from my bank to paypal? PLZ! HELP! TYVM.

@zareena wrote:

@zareena wrote:

Login to Me Too

genysboxer12

you ask paypal to link it, they will take or pay £1 from or too your account this gives you a 4 digit number after 4 to 5 days that you then give to paypal  which verifies your card. Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

curvypoll

log into paypal , look on the right hand side , and it will say add debit card , just click , and follow details x

@zareena wrote:

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.