Websites should not be allowed to ask for debit or CC info when paying with paypal EVER

ddambdum
Contributor
Contributor

The whole point of PayPal is so I do not have to enter my credit or debit card information when I pay online.  It appears that google or chrome or something is making it so when I go to use PayPal it does not go and use PayPal but instead shows me a screen that askes for my credit card information.  There is a similar post to this but it does not clarify WHEN PayPal is asking for the credit card.  For me PayPal ALREADY HAS MY CC INFO.   So why is it that the same website will randomly act different and wont let me pay with PayPal unless I get CC info.  Something is wrong.  This undermines the whole idea of PayPal.   Its like a script is causing this to happen when it should not.   Anytime you enter CC info it puts you at risk.  IM verified it links directly to my checking account and so it appears to me a scam is happening so people can get your payment information.  I do not believe we should ever enter credit card information unless it is on the main PayPal website. PERIOD 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.