Using account balance for part payment

GeezLouise1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a small balance in my PayPal account. I have read several answers in this forum that say payment will be taken out of my PayPal account first, then topped up as required from my credit card on file.

This is not what happens, though. The total amount owing is taken from my credit card, and the balance in my account remains. How do I go about fixing this? I'd like to use up the balance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeezLouise1

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GeezLouise1
Contributor
Contributor
Canada. (I can't see anywhere to update my profile with that info.)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeezLouise1

Go to preferences > preferences again > privacy to add your country.

To use your balance (as long as its NOT pending OR in the wrong currency) then try this.....

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GeezLouise1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, my profile now includes country.

Regarding payment options, using my PayPal balance is what is selected and this is what it says, "PayPal balance    If you don’t have enough money in your balance, we’ll ask you to pick one of your other payment methods."

There seems to be no option to split it between my balance and my credit card, and that's what I was hoping to find. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.