Unable to pay invoice, told to "Go back to merchant and try using a diffrent payment method".

Zach_Robertson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all!
I am trying to pay an invoice on a private party paypal transaction, and I am unable to open the payments window.

When I try, I get the following error: "We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method."

It is a new paypal account, but I've verified everything I can (SSN, 2fa, etc). Is there any way to fix this? I feel like I'm wasting my seller's time, and I don't want to be that guy.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dani

Hi @Zach_Robertson,

Thank you for joining us on the PayPal Community Forum! Having payments decline can be frustrating, especially when the reason is is not shared up front. This Help Center article has information on what can cause declines, and how you can work through it: Why was my payment declined?

I hope this article helps you get your payment taken care of in a timely fashion.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.