Transaction not cleared.

ErnieP18
Contributor
Contributor

I made a online purchase using paypal credit on 5/23 but the transaction has not cleared. How long do online purchases take to go through? Being that I would like to get the items purchased.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @ErnieP18

Thank you for the post! 

PayPal Credit funded transactions typically process instantly. Since your payment hasn't, that leads me to believe the payment is a pending authorization. An authorization is an agreement between you and the merchant to purchase an item for a specific amount of money. Most authorizations are automatically voided after 30 days if the merchant doesn't collect the money before then. Some merchants do not collect the money until they're ready to ship the item, which may be why there's a delay.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.