Tip jar name

sixgun911
New Community Member

Ive set up a tip jar through paypal. When i hand out the link and people go to it....IT shows my real name along with my nickname....I dont want my real name in it. How do i remove my real name from the tip jar But not the account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @sixgun911. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. It sounds like you may be referring to a PayPal.me link with your mention of your nickname. I'm sorry for any disappointment, but there's no way to remove your name (as it appears on your PayPal account) when using your account to receive or send payments.

PayPal Business accounts show the business name that's added to the profile in lieu of the account owner's name, but a Business account should be used only with an established business. You can see more information about what details PayPal shares with those you transact with by logging on to your account and clicking Privacy at the bottom of any page.

If you're referring to something like the new Twitter tip jar, Twitter might be able to give you information/guidance to achieve what you want to do. Otherwise, if you're giving out your PayPal.me link, then there is no way to remove your name as you requested.

I hope this is helpful, even if it only gives you a definite response to your question. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.