Shopify showing "payment is pending on PayPal Express Checkout"

EugenioSilva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, this was my first order (I got 10 payments after the first one and all went through). The customer paid through Paypal and it shows 'A xxx USD payment is pending on PayPal Express Checkout", however, the payment is not showing in Paypal. This could be an 'echeque' or something alike. The problem is that it has been 4 days and still no news. 

The problem could be that the payment gateway was not set up properly or it was somehow stuck/pending, as sometimes happens when you set up the payment gateway in shopify.

Does anyone have a clue or indication on how to solve this? thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

dianeC9
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently have the same issue. I received orders paid with PayPal through Shopify, before I had the chance to link my PayPal for business account to the store. Now I'm receiving new orders without an issue, but the first ones are still marked "payment is pending on PayPal Express Checkout." even after 4 days.

Did you find a solution to your problem? Or did the payment finally went through days later?

Thanks a lot for the update!

Login to Me Too

dianeC9
Contributor
Contributor

Would anyone has a clue as to how to unlock this situation?

My pending payments are now 26 days old and as per the information from my Shopify store's order page, under:

"A $XXX payment is pending on PayPal Express Checkout."

I read: 

"This transaction will be refunded after 29 days if left unclaimed."

What can I do to not refund this payment and actually process it as it should have from the very beginning?

I haven't found any thing about this situation is the help centers, neither on Shopify not PayPal's side.

Thank you again,

Login to Me Too

Stage4Studio
New Community Member

Hi DianeC9,

We are having the same issue.  Were you able to figure it out?
Becky Stage4Stuido

Login to Me Too

brittanyjpreese
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue! I setup a Shopify store and received a payment via PayPal Express Checkout. I didn't have my PayPal account integrated with Shopify before I received the order and payment. Now the payment is showing pending. I have an authorization code. How do I claim this payment?

Are we just SOL?

Login to Me Too

dianeC9
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, we were not able to resolve the issue, despite contacting PayPal multiple times.

What we did is let the payments expire (we had the time ,finally, as we only got to ship our products at a later date) and recharge our impacted customers. 

Then I guess you can cancel the payments, explaining the situation, and ask for a new payment to be made from your customers.

Bon courage!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.