Right email - wrong name

PeggyHobson
Contributor
Contributor

I have a vacation rental cabin in Pigeon Forge and thru the years have sometimes billed guests thru PayPal using their email address.  I've never had a previous problem.  Yesterday I did that but the guest's name did not show up - it was a totally different name so I contacted the guest who did not recognize the name.  I am not computer savvy so can anyone tell me how this happened and what to do about it.  Obviously, the guest is not going to pay thru PayPal for fear the money will not end up in my account so I have cancelled the payment request.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I don't believe anyone can explain the address anomaly.   You may be able to resolve the issue by deleting the email address from your account address book and entering the corrected address.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

This may help too:

You can add, edit, and delete contacts from your PayPal address book within the Invoice Settings area of your PayPal account.

Here's how to access your PayPal address book:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Send & Request near the top of the page.
3. Click Create and manage invoices.
4. Hover over "Settings" dropdown and select Address Book.
5. Click the Edit or Delete links within a contact or Add a new contact to add a new one.

Login to Me Too

ScamVictim_180
Contributor
Contributor

I regularly get emails from PayPal France, with a fake name. It seems someone signed up to PayPal with my email but a different name. My normal PayPal account works fine but I can’t PayPal to stop using the wrong name! 

it doesn’t seem very secure.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.