Paypal not working to pay from websites

dazle1
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday and today i cannot use paypal to pay from ebay or another site. ebay just says to day that its not available, last night it would just circle and do nothing couldnt even log-in. today i can login but payments wont connect from websites. whats up?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Harold31
New Community Member

I've had this problem for six months and I'm STILL trying to find an answer. We went from hundreds of Ebay purchases every year to ONE this year because we try to use Paypal and the circle just spins and spins and then bounces you back to ebay and "Pay Now" button over and over. Can ANYONE help?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harold31 

@dazle1 

You do know that Ebay are dropping paypal and using their own managed payments now?

So not all sellers are able to offer paypal now. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dazle1
Contributor
Contributor
Actually they are not dropping PayPal. They r adding other payment method and PayPal will no longer be required, it will be up to sellers. This had nothing to do with ebay, as a careful reading of my post makes clear. PayPal eventually resolved this cause it cleared later that day. I would suggest anyone with this problem restart their computer, whatever form it is.
Login to Me Too

dazle1
Contributor
Contributor

You really ought to improve your reading comprehension, here's a quote from the 1st sentence of your article:

"Buyers can still use PayPal to purchase items,"

Its actually quit silly to be using an opinion piece to support a position anyway, you should have used Ebay's terms of service. BTW I have read those and it makes clear, just like this article that they arent replacing Paypal as a payment option, they are just giving more options and paying sellers directly!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dazle1 

Then if you are right and i am wrong, you would have no issue in using paypal then would you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.