PayPal customer service record overseas suck

mikewayne
New Community Member

I purchase two items from this seller on April 24,2021 order # <removed> I paid for these items with paypal $556.56 and the money was send right to the seller this is also violation of  Paypal and eBay's policy money should not go to the seller until the items are shipped. The seller and I agree to cancel this purchase, the seller relisted the watches the next day on his ebay page and did not start the refund process seller sold them and kept my money. ebay and paypal should of never send my money to the seller until items are shipped. Now ebay and paypal  wants no part of this and will not make seller return my money.I want my money back. also Paypal don't know what they are doing, contact the bank  (  Synchrony Bank  ) they took  the transaction off my account but PayPal put it right back, PayPal is greedy they want every dime they can get in interest, my money should not never left my paypal account until the order was shipped, paypal said it's ebay and ebay is saying it's paypal ?????????????????????????????????
Michael Mucker
span>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikewayne 

Ebay and paypal certainly do not hold payments until a seller has shipped, no seller would send an item before being paid.

What you are talking about is the new seller hold which is mainly for new sellers only and paypal holds the funds for 21 days BUT funds are released more quickly if they post the item trackable and tracking shows delivery + 1 day.

However that would make 0 difference to your buyer protection as the new seller hold is between ebay or paypal and the seller and nothing to do with you and the transaction as your buyer  protection would be unaffected if the funds were on hold OR in the sellers bank account.  

So did you open a dispute for non receipt of item on ebay within 30 days? If so then if the seller couldn't prove delivery you should have got a refund.

Or did you open a dispute for non receipt of item on paypal within 180 days? If so then again the above would apply as long as you escalated the dispute to a claim.

So not sure why you didn't get a refund, if the seller cancelled then normally a refund is automatic??? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.