Need Help To Cancel Request Money Transaction

RRA92
New Community Member

Hello Guys,

Recently I did request money from my uncle. My account type is business, but I'm rarely using paypal so I didn't know much about the differences between request money or sending money. I thought only request invoices are used for business purposes.  So in this case, I have received the money but still on hold. I'm really not doing any business transactions nowadays, so I'm a bit troubled to verify my business (that is requested by paypal to get my money: --> Asking is it your business about products / services). 

I hope I can do cancel this transaction, hence asking my uncle to use the sending money feature with share to friends/family option.

If there is any clue or suggestion for this case, I will be really glad.

Thanks for reading my issue,

Best Regards.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RRA92 

Doesn't matter what account type you have its the options that are chosen to send the funds that determine holds or not.

A money request is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
An invoice is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
Send money > goods/services is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
A business account paypal.me is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.

A send money > friends/family payment is a friends/family payment.
A paypal.me personal account is a friends/family payment.

As your uncle would have sent it using a goods/services option then sadly nothing you can do apart from wait the 21 days until the funds are released.

You could try marking the transaction as shipped / processed and that 'may' give your uncle the option to click on confirm receipt on their account.

However that option is not always available. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RRA92 

Doesn't matter what account type you have its the options that are chosen to send the funds that determine holds or not.

A money request is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
An invoice is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
Send money > goods/services is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
A business account paypal.me is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.

A send money > friends/family payment is a friends/family payment.
A paypal.me personal account is a friends/family payment.

As your uncle would have sent it using a goods/services option then sadly nothing you can do apart from wait the 21 days until the funds are released.

You could try marking the transaction as shipped / processed and that 'may' give your uncle the option to click on confirm receipt on their account.

However that option is not always available. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.