Multiple charges from Wish

mondaymornings
New Community Member

I went to place an order on the app Wish this morning, paying via PayPal, and I received a notification saying that payment didn't work. 

I decided against it (I didn't reaaaally need to stuff I was trying to buy) and went on with my day.

I've gone to pay my rent this afternoon and discovered the payment did go through... 10 times over one hour.

I checked my email and found I had only 3 emails from PayPal saying a payment had been made, but my bank account statement clearly shows 10 payments. $280 gone, because of some error in the app!

I've contacted both Wish and Paypal about this, but am wondering why I've only received 3 confirmation emails from paypal when clearly there have been 10 transactions.

Any help getting my money refunded or finding out why this happened would be much appreciated! At this point I can't afford my rent and will end up late or worse if this isn't resolved. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Bigcityc
New Community Member
I had the same thing I contacted PayPal they gave me the excuse that it was a agreement which isn’t true I read all my description it was only one time payments and if PayPal just lets them debit your account anytime they want in my opinion PayPal isn’t secure they basically took all blame off them and said to contact wish I’m sure wish Is gonna say it’s an issue with PayPal either way I disputed the charges with my bank but again PayPal is not secure if they let merchants debit your account when nothing is in place
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.