Maximum Transfer Allowed & Frequency

Lesdeuxmagots
New Community Member

How much are verified PayPal users (non-business) allowed to transfer in a single transaction in USD? PayPal’s Help Center article says there is no limit, a max of $60,000, and perhaps limited to $10,000 depending on the currency. Clearly there is a limit, and it may be $10,000, though perhaps up to $60,000. A separate article says instant transfer limit is $25,000. What is the specific limit for USD? 

This then leads to the question of repeat transactions. If the max is say $10,000, and I am looking to transfer $500,000 in total from PayPal to my bank account, that would require 50 individual transactions. Is there a limit on how much I can send in a single hour, day, week, month? Furthermore, sending dozens of $10,000 transactions would look like textbook structuring, even if it is spread out over time. Is there a way to override limits via customer support? Ideally, I’d be able to send the full amount in a single transaction. Does PayPal not have the necessary AML procedures in place for individual large transactions? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.