Is it normal to pay a fee or bitcoin to allow payment verification for an international payment?

rainydays2662
Contributor
Contributor

1c25eb7d-9516-4cd0-b801-c8478cc8a311.jpg

I am receiving a payment, but it is pending and has gotten stuck. It says that for me to receive the payment, I must pay in bitcoin. Is this safe? Also is it likely to work? Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rainydays2662 

It's a scam.  PayPal takes their fee(s) automatically from your incoming payment(s) and deposits the rest to your PayPal account if the sender really sent payment. This sender did not really pay. If you do not see a record of payment in your account right now, you have not been paid. Even if the payment is subject to a PayPal hold, you’ll still see record of payment in your account.

They are trying to scam you of $200 in btc and more, if they can. Do not pay it. If you do, they’ll do a disappearing act, leaving you sitting there waiting and waiting for payment or going broke because they’ll keep asking for more money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rainydays2662
Contributor
Contributor

Please help, is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rainydays2662 

It's a scam.  PayPal takes their fee(s) automatically from your incoming payment(s) and deposits the rest to your PayPal account if the sender really sent payment. This sender did not really pay. If you do not see a record of payment in your account right now, you have not been paid. Even if the payment is subject to a PayPal hold, you’ll still see record of payment in your account.

They are trying to scam you of $200 in btc and more, if they can. Do not pay it. If you do, they’ll do a disappearing act, leaving you sitting there waiting and waiting for payment or going broke because they’ll keep asking for more money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.