How do I decline a payment from my account

BonnieA1964
Contributor
Contributor

I know the label says making a payment but that is not the problem I am having. A person that I do not know has suddenly shown up on my dashboard requesting a payment from me to help feed her child.  I do not know how she got my information for my paypal account but I want her gone and I do not want to send this person anything. How do I decline this person and block them from any further attempts at my account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BonnieA1964 

Is there a reject or cancel option available on the money request?

If not then contact customer services and they can remove it for you.

Anyone can send you a money request if they know your email address (or may select it randomly and hope its linked to a paypal account) but that does not mean you have to pay it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BonnieA1964 

Is there a reject or cancel option available on the money request?

If not then contact customer services and they can remove it for you.

Anyone can send you a money request if they know your email address (or may select it randomly and hope its linked to a paypal account) but that does not mean you have to pay it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BonnieA1964
Contributor
Contributor

I found the cancel button quite by accident and cancelled it and then proceeded to block this person. I did find out this person was in the Phillipines. Thank you for your response. It helped immensely.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.