How do I change payment methods for Ebay shipping labels?

Nikita666
New Community Member

Hi,

I would like to pay for our shipping labels with credit card on ebay. How can I achieve this? When I am about to purchase the labels on ebay the only option available is "pay with paypal". I need to change that. Based off of my research I believe it is done with paypal and not ebay, but I could be wrong. I researched online but could only find outdated instructions. If you believe you have the solution please make sure it is still a valid solution. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Greyforest
Contributor
Contributor

I recently started using eBay's managed payments where all the money from my sales now goes to my bank account. I changed the online payments to use my bank account instead of the PayPal balance but the shipping labels are still being taken from the balance. Why is that?

Login to Me Too

Conshy
New Community Member

Any luck finding an answer?

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I pay my shipping with my credit card,same as my purchases ,I have a Paypal Fundnow account,I dont know if that makes any difference.

The one reason I can think of Paypal prefers us to use Paypal balance vs credit card is that there are fees involved in processing  credit cards.

May be you can ask on Ebay seller forum ,there are many Ebay sellers there

Login to Me Too

KevOfCT
New Community Member

Anyone ever figure this out?

Login to Me Too

Greyforest
Contributor
Contributor

I did find how to change the payments; click on one of the payments you want to change > scroll to the bottom of the page > click on the Resolution Center link > click on  Payment Manage  link. This will take you to My preapproved payments page. There will be a list of all the apps and websites that you have given permission for PayPal payments. Click on each one that is active that you want turned off and and click Cancel. Then the next time the app or website needs payment, you will have to log onto PayPal and select your bank account or a credit card on file for payment. 

Login to Me Too

zjs5029
Contributor
Contributor

Nope that doesn't work 

Login to Me Too

LIsaM24
Contributor
Contributor

Ok.  So the reason the payment for the eBay shipping label is coming out of your PayPal account is that originally, PayPal is the organization that set up the agreement with the carriers for the discount. Basically, the labels are being sold through PayPal, not eBay.  But, one way around this is to change your payment settings in PayPal. Go to the settings icon, click on payment preferences. Tap Online Purchases to see which payment method is your preferred one (it probably has PayPal balance checked if they have been taking the eBay shipping label costs out of your PayPal account (it will have a check mark next to it.) To change it, just tap the new payment method, which should be the checking account you set up with eBay to receive your payouts.  Purchasing the shipping labels will then be treated just like any other online purchase. 

Login to Me Too

JS33
Contributor
Contributor

After talking to a PayPal agent, she told me that based on the Patriot act put into effect this year (2019), they have to have your social security number on file, like a bank does, to be able to make eBay shipping payments from your PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

cinnastri
New Community Member

BUT THEY HAVE "NO PROBLEM" TAKING THEIR MONEY OUT WITHOUT HAVING YOUR SS #...WHY LAWYERS ARE'NT ALL OVER THIS DOUBLE STANDARD.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.