How can i get a refund if my payment doesn't show on my activity panel?

dzeljkovic
New Community Member

Hi, 7 days ago I've tried to pay a registration fee for participation in one running event. First time, I got the "Something went wrong, try again later" message. So I've tried again and I received the same message. Yesterday I have noticed, that even though i received those messages and didn't get the conformation for payment,  the funds have been taken from my card, so I contacted my bank and they've confirmed that I paid through PayPal. So I contacted running organization and they said that I need to make a refund via PayPal. But, the main problem is that i can not see the payment on my account. So, does anybody know how can i get refund even though transaction doesn't show on my account? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tommy

Hi Dzeljkovic, 

I'm sorry that you cannot see the payment showing in your PayPal account. 

It sounds like your bank has the money placed on reserve, and PayPal did not complete it. On some occasions, banks can place a hold on the money or reserve to allow payment processors to attempt a charge a second time, but PayPal would not go back a second time if the transaction is declined in any way. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.