Hi, I'm new here and have a question

kittiechen
Contributor
Contributor

I sold my iPhone on Facebook Marketplace. The buyer said she'll pay through Paypal and asked me to ship it to her. But when she made the payment I cannot see it in my Paypal account. She said it's because it's on hold and I need to provide the tracking number of the shipment and Paypal will release it. I texted with PayPal customer service and of course it's a computer. But it said there is no pending transaction found.  Is this something normal, or does it smell fishy?

I do receive 2 emails from a <removed> address called <removed> saying what the buyer said.  And she urged me to ship it early tomorrow morning...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Shiby
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kittiechen 

I understand that your query is about the payment as the buyer is insisting you on shipping the item at the earliest. I would recommend you not to ship the item until you see the payment transaction in your PayPal account. Even when the payment is on hold you will be able to see the transaction in your PayPal account. Please refer to this article for more information about payment holds.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Shiby

Login to Me Too

kittiechen
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Now I'm sure it was a scam. I could not see the transaction at all. The email address was not Paypal. 

Thank goodness I didn't ship it. But it was not a good experience.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.