Glitch email

binabae
Contributor
Contributor

I executed the payment to a person email  and to my surprised the recipient email appear on the transaction is different from the person I paid , how come this happen? Now The Paypal Management saying there is no unauthorized using my account..

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@binabae 

Why did you raise a dispute for an unauthorised transaction when you did authorise it and your account was not hacked???

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Sadly if the email address was incorrect or it was recycled to another person as the previous owner closed it then this can sometimes happen.

Always best to get them to give you their email address or send you a money request or invoice?

Have you reached out to the wrong email address recipient and requested a refund?

If so and they refused then you could have opened a dispute for non receipt of item as that person has nothing to send you BUT as you are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction and you have already opened an incorrect dispute you can't open another one.

You would need to contact customer services and see if they will reach out to the recipient OR open another dispute for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

binabae
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply.

Herewith below my complain which clearly i send the payment. but it appears on my transaction is different email which i do not know that email address. how come it happens in that prestgeous platform and they don't want to refund my money as a result of their investigation.

paypal-1.JPGpaypal-2.JPG

Login to Me Too

binabae
Contributor
Contributor

The email appear on the transaction name <removed> can not be reach it bounce back my personal email...<removed> email is my brother.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.