Give PayPal A Refillable Pool Of Money Not Linked To A Bank Account

sidharthdavid
New Community Member

I'd like to buy things online with PayPal without using my "regular" bank account for security reasons. Heretofore I've handled this with prepaid Visa cards, but it's getting cumbersome to buy new ones, activate them, link them in PayPal, keep track of their current amount, and sometimes have facial issues for individual cards rendering them unusable. What other options are there to allow me to give PayPal some limited pool of money (like, $50 as a default) and then add to that as necessary, without linking actual bank accounts or credit cards?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sidharthdavid 

What country are you based in, though?

Keep in mind that for some one-time purchases, PayPal checkout may ask you to link a card as back up in order to proceed.

Could always open a separate bank account specifically for PayPal use then transfer money to it, when needed, from your main bank account.

Edit: since you mentioned “$50” as in USD...if you’re in the US, and have PayPal Cash Plus account, you can add cash to your PayPal balance in various ways:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/money-management/cash-to-paypal

(Be sure to read the fine print at the bottom.)

If you don’t currently have a PayPal Cash Plus account, get the PayPal Cash card or accept an incoming payment to set it up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.