Collecting payments using paypal

barakaben
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen.

Please help me! I recently completed a project  and made its deliverables available to the client abroad. This client usually disburse payments via paypal. I had earlier notified the client  about the email address to use to send me my job payment upon finishing the job. Today my client emailed me that the problem emerges on every attempt made to pay me via paypal and advised me to correct the problem. The client says that this is the message from paypal about the problem: This recipient only accepts payments to PayPal through the website. To make this payment, go to the recipient's website and follow the instructions, or email the recipient for more instructions.

I am puzzled as I use the same paypal account to pay for several transaction to my creditors online without such type of error emerging. I do not know why I can not receive the payment or what needs to be done to get paid without this unknown error. Please help me out!

Thanks in Advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barakaben 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in Tanzania.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.