Citi Bank India not issuing FIRC after taking payment

rkdeepak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have paid twice for the same FIRC document but they never responded over email and the package I received had incomplete/missing transactions. I request every community member to be on alert before paying upfront amount to them. RBI should do something on this.

FICR Request Number: S-200312-013431

FIRC Reference No - S-200616-008468

For each I paid 2360/- so total 4,720/-

Does anyone know how to get a hold on Citi bank as there is no nearest branch I can visit here?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

coolashish
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue. I have not received any firc for last 2 quarters. I already have paid them 3-4 months ago. There was no issue last year. Also no response over the email.
Login to Me Too

rkdeepak
Contributor
Contributor

I already switched to Payoneer where it was possible as free FIRC is issued after each withdrawl. Paypal should also integrate the same else, registered business owners and freelancers would stay away from Citi/Paypal for FIRC. This is required to claim GST Input. 

Login to Me Too

Rajesh22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes even i had paid and requested for FIRC Certificate but till now they had not replied, waiting for reply email.

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

I also switched to payoneer for the same reason. Paypal provides great service but not when it comes to FIRC which is a very important document for Indian government. 

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly, I never knew about FIRC until now after the Indian authority is asking me to prove my service was an export.

I stay at Mumbai and I visited the CITI bank head office located at Fort on 24/09/2020.

1) I visited the helpdesk and explained I am looking for FIRC documents. Without listening to my whole query she asked to go to the first floor. 

2) I explained the lady sitting at the counter about the FIRC documents and how I received payment from Paypal which was processed by CITI bank and transferred to my bank account. I had taken a printout of the exact FIRC request letter with all the transactions along with me. She said she will ask someone and get back to me. She returned after a few minutes and said she can't help because I don't have an account with CITI bank and they don't know any transactions. She asked me to ask my bank to ask for the FIRC. She didn't tell me or give me any more information about how my bank should request for FIRC. I visited my Bank(ICICI) branch and they were not sure how to ask for FIRC from another bank as they said all the money received in my account is paid via NEFT and INR. I am wondering if the bank can't help us who will. This is ridiculous! Even after paying hefty fees to Paypal, the customer is asked to go round and round from one bank to another which was and should be taken care of by Paypal.

Payoneer provides the FIRC for free. If you have old transactions when the FIRC feature was not available. You can ask their customer support and they will contact the bank and get you the FIRC which is very professional. They don't ask you to visit the bank or email your bank.

@rkdeepak Please keep us updated about the FIRC issue. Did you receive it? Why did you make the payment twice? Please message me your number so we can talk in more detail

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent an email with the FIRC request letter and details just like how paypal mentioned. @rkdeepak How did you get the reference number? I have not received anything like that.

@Rajesh22 When did you send the email and did you receive any reference number or any kind of acknowledgment from Citibank?

Login to Me Too

Rajesh22
Contributor
Contributor

On 25th Sep, 2020, I had sent an email, but till now no confirmation. How long will I have to wait?

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent an email on the same date 25/09/2020. 

Let's wait for a week. Post here if you receive anything, please

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get any update or email from CITI?

I didn't receive an email from them yet

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.