Can't pay with bank account anymore

manouna
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have been buying stuff online with my bank account on PayPal but I just can't do that anymore. Today I have bought somethig that was like 14$ and had only 6.60$ on my PayPal balance, so I thought, "oh cool it's gonna ask me to choose another way and I'll finally be able to pay with my bank account again" but it didn't so I guess now I'll have a negative balance. I have read that I had to add a credit card but I did. I already have a credit card lnked to my account but still can't use my bank account debit. 

Please help anyone? I'm really **bleep** this isn't the first weird issue with PayPal I have after being a user for like less than a few months only.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manouna 

If you have had a failed bank transfer or negative balance recently then paypal often removes the option for you to use that bank account to reduce risk of it happening again. So they get you to use a card instead which is the safer option for them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.