Can someone please take some time to help me because PayPal/eBay won't.

Marywoods8
Contributor
Contributor
Let me start by saying I am a broke college student. I go to school full time, I am a full time intern, with a part time job that doesn't get me by. I obviously needed to pay rent and didn't know what else to do besides sell some of my most valuable/expensive belongings. The first time ever selling anything on eBay 4 months ago they put a hold on the funds due to me being a new seller. I was devastated, I had to pay shipping out of pocket and didn't receive the money for weeks. I understand now I didn't do the diligence to find the correct information about being an eBay seller and they do that to new sellers. Whether this was correct or not an eBay rep assured me this wouldn't happen again since I had been a seller for over 90 days. Months went by and once again I needed to pay bills so I took my most valuable instrument and put it on eBay, it didn't sell for A LONG time so when a guy from Israel wanted to buy it I just said, 'what the heck', he told me no one would ship to him and I wanted to be nice. I've needed favors from eBay sellers too. The rep told me the shipping calculator said 15$ shipping so that's what I charged. Long behold: 90$ was on "hold"....again. They said I'd have to pay the 15$ and 24 hours after uploading the shipping information they would release the funds. I went to the post office and they laughed when I said I thought it was 15$ they said it would be 30$. I begged my sister for the shipping cost and I'd give it back within the 24 hours I was told. 24 hours later, no money. Another 1 hour conversation I had to do on my lunch break. They told me that, when the representative said 24 hours after tracking information is uploaded that I'd have the funds, that this information was incorrect and because of that they would release the funds. 24 hours later: once again no funds. I called back and was told now that the item would need to be delivered. I couldn't wait for that and at this point the fiasco was giving me serious anxiety. I owed my sister money, I was told so many different things. Then I was told if the buyer leaves me accurate feedback I could have the funds. I told the rep that if I asked the buyer to leave feedback before the item arrives he would obviously say no. He PROMISED he would reach out and ask. 24 hours later I contacted the buyer and he said that no one contacted him and that it seemed too fishy. I completely understood where he was coming from, it did seem fishy. He reluctantly left feedback about having good communication. I called eBay super happy saying he left feedback and to release the funds. The rep told me since the feedback didn't have to do with the item he wouldn't release the funds. I asked to speak to his supervisor, 1 minute later he told me he would release the funds and I finally felt like i would receive the money. It's now been 24 hours and I still have not received the funds. This anxiety is causing me to loose sleep and not being able to focus on anything else. I need the money to pay rent on the 1st because I was betting on it. 100$ is a lot of money to me and at this point I feel like I have no voice when it comes to this. I feel like no one cares at all. It's so confusing that so many people have given me so many different stories. Please anyone please help me with advice. I advise people to not use PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kathyctbc

I am here to give advice, the advice 'why didn't your read up on ebays buyer protection beforehand' is GOOD advice and I shall continue to give that GOOD advice as to do so would save anyone from being scammed.....and is common sense.

But hey, when you have given up your own time to save just 'one' person from being scammed rather than the hundreds that I have saved then your opinion 'may' just be worth listening to, but you haven't and it isn't.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marywoods8

Why dIdn't you read up on the new sellers hold and seller protection before you started to buy and sell on ebay.

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1-3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Marywoods8
Contributor
Contributor
First off eBay and Paypal are affiliated so writing this on the PayPal community forum was what I felt like doing to show other people what happens when you try to sell something. Why should I have to 'read up' on policy im not talking about that Im talking about incompetent employees giving me wrong information. It's crazy you think I'd ever use either service again so if anyone needs to be reading up on policy is their employees. I have 100% feedback and have been a member since 2013. And your information is inaccurate so no offence I think you should be the one reading up on it if your going to reply to someone's post. Funds can be released once feedback is made by the buyers. You are talking about policies im talking about incompetent employees. Thanks though?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marywoods8

No they are no longer affiliated, they are 2 completely separate companies and have been for a few years now.

That is why Ebay are giving clients more non-Paypal options to use on checkout.

If you can't be bothered to read up on the small section on 'buyer protection' to see what coverage it gives you then thats your problem and probably why you got into this mess in the first place.

If you had READ IT like most buyers and sellers do before using Ebay to buy and sell then you would have been perfectly aware that funds are released for new sellers once TRACKING SHOWS AS DELIVERED + 1- 3 DAYS.

I think its an excellent idea that you don't use either services again if this is the mess you make of it.

My information is perfectly correct but I can only give it to you, I can't give you the intelligence to understand it.

And of course you have 100% feedback because apart from the 2 occasions when you have sold you have only used ebay for BUYING and BUYERS CANNOT RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK..!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Marywoods8
Contributor
Contributor
If I knew someone was put into this I would never talk to them like that. All you have done is give me rude comments speaking like a know it all. You have no idea what I have been through and I have no clue why you replied to this just to be rude. I swear your just as bad as those incompetent employees I guess PayPal community is worse than their employees. Who cares though you must be a PayPal troll you replied right after this post. Don't you have a life?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marywoods8

Excuse me? You posted a 'rant' about ebay and paypal and I took the time to reply to your thread with a perfectly polite reply giving you the facts and a link to explain ebays hold.

However instead of the thank you I normally get from polite users of this forum YOU were the one that was rude and offensive and accusing me of being incorrect in my information.

I think you need to re-read these posts and you will see who was the rude one from your first 'rant' to your first rude reply to my perfectly reasonable reply with information to try and help you.

And if a 'troll'  is someone who has already got nearly 15000 kudos / solutions from 'nice' grateful users of this forum already AND saved numerous folks from bieing scammed (including 2 today) then I will gladly accept that title.

Your 'troll' comment and 'have you got a life' comment reflects far more badly on YOU than it ever could on me.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kathyctbc
Contributor
Contributor

Way to kick someone when they're down Marywoods8.

This person already admitted ". I understand now I didn't do the diligence to find the correct information about being an eBay seller and they do that to new sellers."

It was just hateful for you to say "Why dIdn't you read up on the new sellers hold and seller protection before you started to buy and sell on ebay."

I bet you don't read all the stuff in contracts, software license agreements  etc before you sign them, so don't get all up on your high horse.

eBay & PayPal have VERY complicated , loooooong , drawn out rules and policies.

It's impossible for anyone to know them all, PLUS they change them often.

It's like trying to keep up with tax laws, you can't.

How about showing a little compassion for this person instead of beating them up.

Doesn't cost you anything, ya know?

And don't forget good old Karma. Next time you need some help it's likely you're not going to get any

from anyone either.

If I could give you a negative Kudo , I would.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kathyctbc

I am here to give advice, the advice 'why didn't your read up on ebays buyer protection beforehand' is GOOD advice and I shall continue to give that GOOD advice as to do so would save anyone from being scammed.....and is common sense.

But hey, when you have given up your own time to save just 'one' person from being scammed rather than the hundreds that I have saved then your opinion 'may' just be worth listening to, but you haven't and it isn't.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Marywoods8
Contributor
Contributor
Wow! Did I really need to read your reply. When I saw the email that I got another reply that it would be someone saying it was my fault. I really thought since I was an ebayer since 2013 and have given thousands to them that it didn't apply to me. I know this is my fault but I just wanted accurate information. I understand this is policy but it would have been so much clearer if at least two reps gave me similar information and instructions. The buyer was SUPER nice and would have agreed to anything for me to receive the funds. I know I shouldn't have even replied to the other PayPal user but I was so irritated that no one wanted to help. Even the community. So I have an update on the fact that when the ebayer left me the good feedback they released the funds. They released it to my PayPal so I decided to transfer it to my bank and never use their services again. Since I put every penny into my bank account, guess what they did? They put another hold on the funds. I really don't have the strength anymore to handle this, maybe I am weak and can't handle stress. Who knows. Thanks for the reply I truly truly needed that. So good someone understands. You made my morning! I just checked the account and it's days later and the funds are still on hold. The item I sold meat so so much to me. I needed to pay rent and was betting on the funds to be in my account. It is just a shame. I hope I get the money before rent is due. Being a college student and full time intern isn't easy...enjoy your day!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marywoods8

First withdrawals can take 2-72 hours.........your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.