WPForms & PayPal payments

wpnerd
Contributor
Contributor

I have a WPForms form that accepts payments by Stripe - this is working.  I also want to accept payments with PayPal/PayPal Standard - this is not working.  The form does not redirect to the PayPal website.  Any ideas as to why it won't?

PayPal works on forms that I've created in JotForm and RegistrationMagic, here they redirect to the PayPal website. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

wpnerd
Contributor
Contributor

WPForms with PayPal is now working!  It turned out all that had to be done was to deactivate/reactivate the plugin.  This is what WPForms support wrote:

"I was able to set up error logs which indicated that there was a glitch in the server or similar that prevents the plugin from properly connecting to the site's database. This has likely prevented entries from being saved on your site as well. In most cases, this can quickly be resolved by toggling the activation of the plugin."

I recall that I had issues with the installation/activation of the Pro version of WPForms.  I had to “manually” install it by downloading and installing the zip file.  I had earlier installed the free Lite version.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

wpnerd
Contributor
Contributor

WPForms with PayPal is now working!  It turned out all that had to be done was to deactivate/reactivate the plugin.  This is what WPForms support wrote:

"I was able to set up error logs which indicated that there was a glitch in the server or similar that prevents the plugin from properly connecting to the site's database. This has likely prevented entries from being saved on your site as well. In most cases, this can quickly be resolved by toggling the activation of the plugin."

I recall that I had issues with the installation/activation of the Pro version of WPForms.  I had to “manually” install it by downloading and installing the zip file.  I had earlier installed the free Lite version.

Login to Me Too

InnovCreation
New Community Member

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.  I was confused about whether this was referring to the PayPal plugin or the WPForms plugin.  I figured out that you meant the latter.  Then, it directed me to try to add the field to the form.  It threw up the error message again.  But, this time, it enabled me to set up the payments.  I am using PayPal Commerce.  And this worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.