PayPal checkout broken in Safari last 24 hours

endorseacc
New Community Member

I've encountered a significant issue with PayPal checkout on my website, specifically when using Safari on both macOS and iOS. Whenever a customer attempts to checkout using Safari, they're met with a blank white page instead of the usual checkout flow. This issue doesn't occur with other browsers like Chrome or Firefox.

It is a recent issue, though I don't know when it started.

This issue is having a serious impact on my business, as it prevents customers using Safari from purchasing. Upon researching, I found that a few other e-commerce site owners have faced similar issues, so at least I am not alone.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

annielittles
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too - first noticed it on the 13th - I'm curious what your set up is - I'm woocommerce on wpengine - thanks

Login to Me Too

RaseOne
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem on MacOS 14.3.1 and Safari 17.3.1 as well as safari on iOS 16.6.1. It's been happening for weeks but I'm not sure when it started.

All of the pages in question have been working fine for years & I've also tested on newly contsructed test pages using PayPal Standard. Users in Safari can not make any purchases on any of my websites.

Two workaround solutions are posted in the thread linked below about the same issue.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Payments-Standard/can-t-checkout-with-safari/m-p/3140842#...

... but random customers are not going to find or use strange workarounds to get PayPal to behave. They're just going to assume that our sites are broken & probably never come back. Mac users are a huge part of our business & this bug needs attention.

Login to Me Too

Jstone616
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure if this is related to your issue, but sounds like it could be. For me, the checkout buttons and payment section won’t load on iPhones using safari with the setting “privacy preserving ad measurement” checked within the safari settings, it causes the buttons and payment area for this extension to endlessly load. Confirmed this is what’s causing it, and I’ve had many customers not able to check out because of this (Apple auto recommends doing this and most people say yes upon setting up their iPhones). Don’t know if there’s a workaround, if it’s on Mac’s as well, and if this affects your issue, but figured I would post about this so that it’s known!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.