Not receiving extra customer details/information anymore

Sam1001XXX
New Community Member

Not receiving extra customer details from PayPal button drop down menu via email.

This used to always be included for customers to add extra information but suddenly the extra information appears only on the PP account but it is missing in the payment notification email.

Anybody else with that problem?
Any fix?

I re-did the PayPal buttons, no change...

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

So now that paypal is not telling you what the buyer ordered in its email, because the email is delivered all jumbled, I am having to click the order ID in the email, go into paypal, and fulfill the order from there.

Except paypal is so profoundly **bleep** up that isn't working either.

Instead of taking me to the order, as it used to, it now takes me to account settings.  WHY.  I have played around with that several times, thinking there was a problem with me settings and that's why I am being re-routed to that page instead of the order.  Nope.  No settings problems.  

Paypal gets more broken and less helpful every day.  I pay them thousands of dollars in fees every year.

Login to Me Too

MooreHouse
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me too.  My email notification only has a "Shopping Cart" listed with the grand total of the customer's purchase.  I have to log into my PayPal account and open up the transaction to see the list of items ordered.  PayPal, please restore the list of items ordered in the notification of payment received email!

Login to Me Too

CraigTwigg
Contributor
Contributor

Have contacted tech support - the issue has been noted and escalated, so hopefully fixed soon 🤞

Login to Me Too

MooreHouse
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for letting me know.  I attempted to get some help from tech support yesterday and had no luck.  Pretty much useless.  After dealing with 3 different support personal and them still not understanding the issue, I gave up.

Login to Me Too

andrew-r-helme
Contributor
Contributor

I raised this exact issue with Paypal on the 11th of September and still not resolved. I saw a brief return to normality for a couple of receipts 3 days ago but it has gone back to showing code only. Very frustrating as I would have expected Paypal to put this at a higher priority.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Steven-UK 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Community and welcome!

I understand your concern about the missing details of the order in the payment notification received from PayPal. It looks like a glitch and I would recommend you to contact PayPal Support team to get your information added to any open tickets to help the technical  team to get this resolved. You can find the contact options to reach  the team here : How do I contact PayPal Customer service?

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Steven-UK
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I have contacted PayPal UK about it, who said the technical team are looking into it, although I have doubts about that.

A week later, the problem still exists. Surely it cannot be that difficult a fix, and surely it must be happening to other PayPal users, also.

There's been zero help really, and still an issue that is causing me a problem,

Regards

Steven

Login to Me Too

sekepingd
Contributor
Contributor

has your email notifications subject line fixed?

Login to Me Too

rpbale1
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed.  Thank you PayPal.  The details are showing back up and running in the emails.  Nice repair.

Login to Me Too

rbs_gb
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. Thanks to PayPal for responding and fixing the issue. Last few days everything appears to be back as before and working again. 👍🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.