Members cannot pay for an event using PayPal Commerce plugin with WPForms - no pattern we can find.

SDIPLA
New Community Member

We have a site that allowed users to pay for events perfectly until integrating WPForms (what we've always used) with PayPal Commerce. PayPal keeps pointing to "it's a WP issue." It's not. Some can get through. Tokens are valid. People can register with an email they don't have connected to PayPal. Some can do it from a phone. Then, once in a while, they receive an API token error. We've cleared cache in Cloudflare multiple times, cleared enterprise cache at hosting (Rocket.net), added rules on Cloudflare to prevent caching of the pages with the WP form. Most get through. many do not. We've asked the members to try fresh computer, browsers, clear cache. Helps sometimes. Then, it happens again. We cannot find the pattern. My only thought is something in the new PayPal Commerce plugin is triggering a security setting in their offices. Most members registering are attorneys with strict security in their networks.  
Site is using PHP 8.0

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_John

Hi @SDIPLA

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Community.

It is possible that more advanced security measures, like VPNs, could be impacting the ability of these transactions to go through, but we will need more information to identify a root cause. Please create an MTS ticket via the following URL -  https://www.paypal-support.com/, and make sure to provide as much detailed information and error details when submitting the ticket to help us solve this issue in the shortest amount of time possible.

Sincerely,
John
MTS
PayPal

If you found this post helpful, please give it a kudos or accept it as a solution so it can help others with a similar question.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.