Guest Checkout still requires customers to create account at the end

laserbond
New Community Member

Our online store uses PayPal.  We have guest checkout enabled, which to my understanding should allow customers to complete their transactions without having to create a PayPal account.

But what I am seeing is that PayPal is asking users to create accounts anyway, which is what we do not want.

laserbond_0-1706749411416.png

I have even gone through the steps of enabling the PayPal Account Optional setting, but this still persists.  Does this happen only to certain customers, or every customer?  How can I ensure that customers do not have to create accounts?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hi @laserbond 

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Community.

The different Guest Checkout views depend on the buyer location, and the type of transaction.

Some buyers will have the opt out/in option.

To make it easier to create a PayPal Account, some buyers will see ("Save info & create your PayPal account") defaulted to on:

MTS_Jennifer_0-1706801811517.png

If the buyer does not want to create a PayPal Account, they can opt out by clicking to opt out.

MTS_Jennifer_1-1706801906495.png

If you are not seeing that option in your checkout, here are possible reasons:

• Seller email is not confirmed
  • Transaction type does not support Guest Checkout (Subscriptions, Reference Transactions)
  • Buyer is in a region that does not have Guest Checkout Available
  • Cards are disabled in the checkout

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.