Help Please!

acrp2011
Contributor
Contributor

I put in several orders for WEN hair care online at one time and now my paypal account says that the charge has "expired" and some say "removed" does this mean the orders did not go through????....or should I wait a few days and it should be ok please give me any advice thanks!!!!.....I want to clear this mess up before the holidays!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi acrp2011,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Based on your description, it sounds like these payments were sent using using the PayPal Debit Card?  If so, the "expired" status on the authorization means that the merchant did not put the transaction through (or capture) within 5 days.  Most merchants will finalize the purchase within that time.  PayPal automatically releases the hold on the funds (status: "removed") after 5 days have passed as we assume that the merchant does not intend to put the charge through.  The merchant still has the authorization code so they could still capture the payment after that time.

I recommending contacting the merchant to have them check on the status of your order.  It's possible they might have a set time they wait before capturing their orders.  Some merchants also like to wait till the item has shipped before capturing the funds.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.