friends and family

jacedash
Contributor
Contributor

How do I find the pay friends and family option?

I have tried the "gift" option from the payment screen and the dropdown menu neither send me to friends and family.  

Under the send & receive dropdown there is no friends and family option.

I have found one place which makes it sound like this option is only available if one uses a paypal account (not a CC) or a bank account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jacedash
Contributor
Contributor

I also found this but am nervous because last time I followed this guide it went as merchant and they ended up paying a fee:

You can send money to friends and family or pay for goods and services in the Send & Request tab at the top of the PayPal page.

If you’re sending a payment, payment types include:

• Sending to a friend and family - used when sending money or a gift card to a friend or family member. Before you complete a payment, you can opt to pay the fee, or pass it onto the recipient by changing it to a Goods or Services payment, to be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.
  • Paying for goods or service - used when buying an item or service from someone. When you make a purchase, the seller pays a small fee to receive your money. Your payment is covered by our protection policy automatically.

You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your bank account or, if you have a PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account, your balance. There is a small charge for payments made with a debit or credit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacedash 

Click on send/request > send money > put in your friends email address > on the next page you should get the goods services or friends family option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jacedash
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that and unless I allow paypal access to my bank account it adds a fee. Am I missing something?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacedash 

Friends/family is free as long as you fund it from funds in your paypal balance OR bank account.

If you select a card to fund it then you pay the card issuers fee. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.