Very High paypal fees

harrymash2006
Contributor
Contributor

they almost charge 5.2% for receiving funds and 4-5% in exchange rates. Why so high fees ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@harrymash2006 

Fees are in the user agreement for your country so if they are too high for what you sell then you could try another payment processor?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

harrymash2006
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I do not sell things, I sell my services and receive payment for software development. Paypal charges very high fees compared to every other service and also higher than banks. Nowadays, there are existing services which charges even less than banks and PayPal on the opposite charges on receiving funds 5.22% and also on exchange rates 4-5%, despite being the oldest transfer service in the market. 

Well, of course I don't want to use Paypal unless there is NO other way to receive money from my international clients. Some countries don't have any other method than Paypal and that's why I have to use it forcefully.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@harrymash2006 

If you sell a service and receive a payment then you are a seller and pay a fee.

Fees are charged for selling goods OR services, you are still going to pay a fee if buyers are paying you for something.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.