To pay, I have to get a security code twice

Zowbek
Contributor
Contributor

For a while now, when I'm on a site that accepts payments by Paypal, I have to go through the steps for 2FA twice. I'm not really sure this happens every time on every site. When it does, I choose the mobile I want to use (I have two numbers registered), get an SMS with a 6 number code, enter it, and then land immediately on a new dialog where I have to choose the mobile again, get another 6 number code, enter it, and then the transaction continues as expected.
Is there a reason for this? Is this behavior normal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

magnusson
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem for months. It's ALWAYS twice. No more no less. Weird.

Edit: I found this:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Why-do-I-have-to-log-in-twice-every-time/m-p/1704910/...
Logging out and back in, it only prompted me once. We'll see if it sticks.

Login to Me Too

Zowbek
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for pointing me to a possible solution.

However, in my case, when I log in directly to Paypal, I only need to get one security code. It's only when I am on a merchant's site and want to pay that I need to do the same thing twice. I'm wondering what will happen if I first log in to Paypal directly before I try to pay something. I'll try to remember to do this the next time I purchase something.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.