Scam Demand Payment Letter involving alibaba

temp20220222u
New Community Member

I just got a Demand for payment of $4,045.45 from "Creditor: PayPal, Inc" for "failed ACH involving an entity I am not allowed to name in this community... transaction date June 1st 2021

I think this is scam because:

1. I did not order anything from Alibaba

2. I logged into my account and looked at all transactions: there is is no transaction for June 1st 2021 for the amount demanded

3. I know that PayPal is headquartered in San Jose... the postage stamp on the envelope I received is from zip code <removed> which is from Chandler Arizona. Plus, The letter I got has a very blurry PayPal logo with PO Box address in Timonium, Maryland...

Any suggestion?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hello @temp20220222u,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community! This sounds like it has been concerning. In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer support team for further assistance. You can get in touch with us by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. I hope this can be reviewed and resolved for you soon!

Take care,

Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.