Potential fraud/scam?

Stacie08
New Community Member
My balance is showing that I have $1000 and I have an email from a man saying that his account was hacked and that it was sent to me by mistake. He then continues to email me and threaten me with legal action for theft if I don’t return it and send it back I don’t know how to get the thousand dollars out of my balance I never excepted it I don’t know how to get rid of it and I don’t know what to do.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Stacie08

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the concern this has caused. If someone has sent you an accidental payment, we do recommend refunding it through the original transaction. You'll want to log into your PayPal account by going to our website directly. Please don't click on any links they may have sent you through email or text message, just in case it is a phishing attempt. If needed, you can reach Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Support is also available through Facebook Private Message or Twitter Direct Message.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.