Potential Fraud?

Rose46w
New Community Member

My parents received an email from someone posing as PayPal with a receipt and telling them that if they have any questions about this charge to call [Removed. Phone #s not permitted](Toll Free). When they called the person answering the phone says they are PayPal. Is this phone # a real PayPal phone #? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rose46w 

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number inserted into google search or in a fake paypal email and pretending to be paypal customer services.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum or a phone number in an email.

The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rose46w 

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number inserted into google search or in a fake paypal email and pretending to be paypal customer services.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum or a phone number in an email.

The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.