My money is automatically converted into ILS even tho I want to receive them as USD

Mobios
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. When I receive a payment in USD, PayPal automatically converts the transfer into ILS (I love in Israel) even tho I have an USD wallet as well. This results in a huge fee taken out of my incoming transfer. How can I solve this and receive the incoming money as USD to avoid these conversion fees? Thanks
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mobios 

Have you gone to your paypal wallet and added USD as a receiving currency (to hold a U.S.D balance) on your Israeli paypal account? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mobios
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have USD as primary on my wallet, and I'm still getting USD incoming transfers converted to ILS automatically. It's making me lose a lot of money.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Thanks @kernowlass, thanks for getting us started on this one!! 

Hello @Mobios, welcome to the PayPal Community. Is it when you're going to transfer the funds to your bank that they're converting to ILS? Or when you receive any payment into your balance? 

If they're converting when they first go into your PayPal balance, you'll want to check your Seller Preferences page, then click Update next to 'Block Payments'. Under "Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold', does it say 'Yes, accept and convert them to Israeli New Shekels'? If so, you may want to check a different option there that more suits your needs. 

It sounds like you should still be able to receive foreign currency. However, whenever you withdraw money in foreign currency to a bank in Israel the funds are automatically converted to ILS.

You can withdraw funds in US Dollars in the following situations:

• When you withdraw to a bank account in the US that you've linked and confirmed in your PayPal account.
  • When you withdraw from a US Dollar balance to a Visa C.A.L or Visa Leumi Card, which was set in our system to accept US Dollars.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mobios
Contributor
Contributor
The issue in having is when a transfer comes into my Paypal account. That option I checked before receiving any payments. It's set to "Yes, accept payment and create new holding balance in that currency". And I currently have USD (primary) and ILS wallets in the same account. Although the sender sent me USD and got into my Paypal account and got converted to ILS anyways.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.