Dodgy activity

VanD1
New Community Member

I received an e-mail from ?paypal? Saying I have made a payment to a company....if this was not you click link (done). Confirm address and name (done). The next page asked me to confirm my card details inc 3 digits on back and mothers maiden name so on. Did not complete this page I think it's a scam....? Wen I followed the link my home page said my account restricted until I follow link but wen I put PayPal into my browser and logged in it doesn't seem restricted and no message on home page saying so??????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last names or your business name. If you're unsure of an email, don't click any links in the email. Instead, go to the site directly and log in and check if there are any notices or transactions in your account.

If you entered your PayPal account password at the fake site, you should change it.

Here is a PayPal link with details on where you can forward the email to so PayPal can take down the fake website.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/how-can-i-tell-if-an-email-is-genuinely-from-paypal-faq20...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.