It is defaulting to the Philippine +61

But I'm in Australia +61

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stephengayner

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

razvanpas
Isn't that lame? Same is happening to me. I am resident abroad for many years....and my phone country code changed somehow and I cannot access my account due psd...i have to call but is weekend.... nobody answer. Unbelievable. What is the point of this....what has to do phone number verification with country specific account? I am clearly not trying to link foreign bank accounts...paying my dues from 2008 with PayPal. Can someone lift damn psd for my account quickly?
Login to Me Too

razvanpas
And is pointless using the app to contact support office since they can help only for uk accounts. Very frustrating experience with PayPal
Login to Me Too

razvanpas
PayPal....looks like you become too big to do micro management for end users. Maybe it is time for me to try something with more friendly experience. Same breed as Google, Facebook, WhatsApp...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.