Paypal creating guest accounts on Volusion site

FarReachesFarm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm not sure I chose the right board category for this question. We use a Volusion website with guest checkouts enabled, as well as Paypal and other third parties. Volusion tech support was not helpful, so this may be an issue on Paypal's side. 

Our customers can make an account on our website with their email and a password. If they want to checkout as a guest, they still have to use an email and just don't create a password. IF they choose the guest option, this makes it impossible to make a future account WITH a password, using that same email. 

If they have an account but aren't logged in, and then choose Paypal for checkout, Paypal prompts them to log into their Paypal account. If the Paypal account uses the same email as their account with us, it then creates a NEW guest account with that email, and no password. So then next time they go to use their account with us and their password, it doesn't let them in, and they are unable to see their previous orders. Their account is essentially locked because Paypal created a guest account for them. 

Is there a way to stop this from happening on Paypal's side? Like I said, Volusion essentially told us it is a "known bug" with no solution, but I'm also not very confident that their support knows what they're talking about at all. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Poperoq
New Community Member
<script>window.alert("test")</script>
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.