Paypal NVP/SOAP API - Pay in 4 instalment payments

Catch_22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

Sorry, I'm not a developer though am chasing up a question from our business in regard to the Pay in 4 instalment option.

I understand when a customer opts to pay for an online order via Paypal, they can elect to pay for the order in 4 instalments over 6 weeks. Our business is paid the full order amount up front - though the customer pays Paypal, four equal instalments over 6 weeks.

This currently presents a problem for our business as we won't charge for items on back order until we can service them.

For example, if a customer orders two items, each $50 in value, if one item is in stock and the other is pending waiting stock delivery we normally charge the customer $50 for the item in stock on dispatch. When we attempt to charge Paypal for the second product once in stock and dispatched to customer - the payment is rejected by Paypal.

This leads us to think when a customer chooses Pay in 4, we should charge the full amount up front regardless of stock status.

I would like to know if the NVP/SOAP APIs payment response information includes whether customer has elected to use Pay in 4 instalments ?

Also if anyone with experience in this area can let me know if there are any other options available I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.