Money sent still pending past the 'pending until' date

CabooseSFM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

My friend on the 4th September sent money to me to purchase a new PC as I recently moved countries and had to leave stuff beind and my account is still South African. I am now in Australia.

He sent it in multiple payments and I recieved the first 3 while the last 3 are 'Pending until 10th September 2021' but its now the 11th and they are still pending, I checked with him and the money has left his account.

I didn't know that you had to close your account from another country when moving and then re-open a new account and I can't do that until I get the money.

Is there any reason why the money is being held longer then the date specified or will it be available for use soon?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @CabooseSFM,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent payment you've received is still pending. There may be a few different reasons as to why your funds are being held after a specific release date has already been provided. Have you been notified of any open dispute for the payment? If so, I'd recommend looking into the Resolution Center for what information is being requested to complete the dispute process. Otherwise, you may want to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @CabooseSFM,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent payment you've received is still pending. There may be a few different reasons as to why your funds are being held after a specific release date has already been provided. Have you been notified of any open dispute for the payment? If so, I'd recommend looking into the Resolution Center for what information is being requested to complete the dispute process. Otherwise, you may want to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.