Incorrect 16 digit account number

Hgb11
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I transferred my funds to my bank account. However, I put the incorrect account number because Paypal is asking for 16 digits number. Now, the withdrawal request has been completed per Paypal. But haven’t receive any amount yet. How many days will it bounced back to my Paypal account?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hgb11 

Completed just means paypal have completed your request to send the funds to your bank account, not that they are in your bank account as paypal would have no way of knowing when your bank processes the withdrawal and credits it to your bank.

So if its declined it should bounce back to your paypal balance, allow 14 days and if not sign of it contact paypal customer services or your bank for a trace?

However I would check with your bank first that the incorrect number is not correct to someone else's account, if it is then hopefully it will still bounce back as the name would be different but best check with your bank first? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hgb11
Contributor
Contributor
Hello kernowlass, Thank you for your advice. I have talked to a bank representative from my local bank - they said that there is no floating amount in my account yet. So when I put the incorrect account number but the account name is correct, it will still be bounced back? Also, will it take 14 days before the return m my money to my Paypal account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.