paypal putting hold on transaction for completely wrong reasons

steven22bama
Contributor
Contributor

I have been back and forth with employees with paypal for the last few days without any progress. It blows my mind how they could confuse a payment transaction from a customer for which my business had interred into a contract with to do replace a sewer main and fix few minor plumbing issues. our company had competed all agreed apron work for agreed apon price. Once all work was completed per contract we were paid. A few weeks later we received a call asking us if we would be willing to come and change a shower valve that was not in original contract but needed to be replaced soon so that they could close on the home. We agreed to come back and replace old shower valve with new one for set price of 265.00.  We bought and paid for new valve and all the fitting that it would require. On the 23rd of Dec. we change shower valve out. Once this was done we decided since it was only two days until Christmas we would send Mrs. Kelli Bennett a invoice from Paypal. And the sole purpose for us doing this differently than any other invoice was we thought by doing it through Paypal we would receive the funds before the approaching holiday. Remember at this point we've already spent money from our accounts to purchase the materials needed to complete valve replacement. Ok here we are 5 days later and everyone at Paypal is telling me that they have our payment on hold until Mrs. Bennett confirms receipt of the goods she purchased with her payment? And better yet if she doesn't confirm this item our company will just have to wait 21 days and by then if she hasn't still confirmed receipt of the thing she paid for they will release it at that time ?  Can i ask everyone in this community if anyone has any problem understanding what is going on here? If there is any part that someone doesn't understand? I've have been pleading my case to everyone who would even try to help me on this and i was ask every time in the message center if i would like to find away to have my funds released sooner ! And they would say go to activity click on transaction and provide a tracking number where it ask for one. This would update the transaction. Then Mrs. Kelli should be able to log on to paypal to confirm she received a undamaged product and could confirm that it is the right product and also that it was the right amount she ordered? What ? really ? Ok so this customer who believes she has completed her end of the contract by paying the invoice we sent to her. So she is on holiday with her family and doesn't want to be disturbed. and for good reason. Ok back to our company waiting and hoping Mrs. Kelly decided to log on to Paypal one day down the road who knows when or why? How could Paypal and any person working for pay expect her to confirm something that she does not know she should even be looking for . Could anyone please explain to me how this policy under these circumstances protect anyone buyer or seller ? And why cant someone step up and do the right thing ? If you are legitimate concerned about my honesty at least try and contact Mrs. Kelli! If paypal does continue to hold on this transaction for 21 days they will have caused our small business to have sever financial hard ships if not be completely out of business . It seems to me that Paypal has to much power over others money and don't seem to be the least bit reasonable enough for such power. And the sad part is it wouldn't take but one person stepping up and saying hey his is wrong and we cant blindly apply our policy to every case. Because i believe with out a doubt I've laid out one situation where it doesn't work and should never be applied again. Maybe by me sending all this info into the office of  Attorney general  state of CO. and pages and pages of screen shots of my messages with paypal over the last few days , this type of unfair holding of peoples money will stop? I know misunderstanding can happen but there's no excuse with amount of times I've explained to them that they can say they even once stopped and listen to my concerns that what they were doing is wrong possible illegal ! I'm sure his will be deleted soon so I will screen shot it and repost it every where I can until they try and help me get the funds that were sent to this company for the sweet and labor I spent making that money that they think they should be the one who call balls and strikes . like I said guess well see because hey are sadly mistaken if they believe in the type to give up ! I'm no quitter I will fight unjust companies who think they can set he rules for everyone else to play by.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.