Why does PayPal operate under the presumption that I'm a scammer who is here to rip everyone off?

DvnTyg
Contributor
Contributor

I fully understand why payments are held, I know ahead of time when I sell a sports card on Facebook that the buyer is going to be paying using PayPal goods & services...which offers protections for the buyer by holding a payment until tracking shows the item has been delivered. It's supposed to be about 24 hours after the delivery that payment would be released, but that doesn't happen. The whole reason I sell things online is because I lost my business & my vehicles to this pandemic and now I'm facing eviction as I enter my 10th week of waiting for Wisconsin unemployment to pay me since December 26th I've not received a penny. Do you understand that means I have not had ANY MONEY since December? So now that I'm selling my valuable sports cards to earn money, I have to wait 3 weeks to get that money....because the algorithm at PayPal thinks I'm using this service illegally? Why is that acceptable? If I've done nothing wrong, why am I being punished like my guilt in this fictional scam of mine is a foregone conclusion? In what version of a free country is it legal to assume your clients are engaged in illegal activity? Do you make that blanket assessment so you can avoid doing the actual work that comes with AVOIDING being **bleep** people, at a **bleep** company? And you know, if and when I DO see my money...when I go to transfer it to my bank, that'll be hit with another delay because - even with everything verified - PayPal thinks I"m a terrorist or something. I'm not just going to go OUT of my way to stop using PayPal, I'm going to start the company that ends this **bleep**. And I'm going to treat everyone like the human beings they are. Don't reply, smug hipsters who are currently banned from social media. I don't care what you think. I know how to cut deep using only my words. So walk away now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.