Transfer from PayPal to "Cash App" card?

Bergman
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to initiate a transfer from my PayPal account to my Cash App card last week. I was told by the automated system that my transfer will be under "security review" for up to 72 hours. After a long wait, the transfer was finally denied. I called PayPal and was told that there was an issue with their "transfer system", and that I should try again. I did, and was greeted with the same "security review" message. The rep assured me that it will not exceed 24 hours, and I clicked "proceed with transfer".

Now I'm left wondering if the issue is simply that I cannot transfer money from PayPal to my Cash App card. I did not get any other errors during the transfer. Does anyone have experience transferring money to the Cash App?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

queenghidrah
Contributor
Contributor
Update? Did it go through or no? Im trying to do the same thing.
Login to Me Too

beykeller
New Community Member
Exactly I’m trying to do this as well, does it work or not?
Login to Me Too

AlwayzDreamin
New Community Member
Does not work you cannot transfer money from your PayPal account to your cash app card. The only way to directly access your PayPal account is to get a PayPal cash card. Just be careful you don't sign up for the PayPal debit card which does not allow you to directly access your money-- I made that mistake now I have to wait another five business days to get the cash card!
Login to Me Too

Allijah95
Contributor
Contributor
The PayPal debit card also has a $5 monyhly fee. I’ve order that by mistake as well.
Login to Me Too

Ree-1
So do I have to wait for it to come back to me? Because I tried to do the transfer Friday and it’s sunday and the money is nowhere to be found.
Login to Me Too

AlwayzDreamin
New Community Member
I just tried to do this like two days ago and it didn't work. I think it's because they would rather you get a PayPal cash card in order to get your money. just don't make the mistake I did in order a PayPal debit card which cannot be linked directly to your PayPal acct.
Login to Me Too

Vickiibusiness1
New Community Member
Lmao right!!!! I feel you bruh, I was this same amount of **bleep** TF off!! **bleep** is dumb af for them to be this far behind with their technology in 2019. Smh
Login to Me Too

Santaeater
Just a headsup VENMO crapped on me too...let me transfer money from venmo acct to cashapp CARD one time then FROZE my acct with crap ton of money on it and NOW I CANT USE MY ACCT....MONEY TOTALLY LOCKED AWAY. but they did let me do one transfer from VENMO TO CASHAPP CARD...then FROZEN. PAYPAL BEEN A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME EXCEPT ONLINE PURCHASES
Login to Me Too

Mellode1978
It actually worked for me. But it will not again now. I do remember now that the money I sent to cash app from paypal I had just received and when receiving it, it ask me if I wanted to accept in my paypal balance or transfer. I hit transfer and it immediately completed my transfer request. Strait into my cash app account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.