Seller unable to issue partial refund as Paypal funds on hold

NMvbn45
New Community Member

I purchased a bike and paid by Visa Card using Paypal. It was not as described so I contacted seller who requested the return of the bike (at my expense) and sent an offer for a partial refund which I have accepted. However the payment was not returned to me (the buyer) and Ebay sent a message  saying "There was a problem sending your payment-contact the seller". The seller says he has been in touch with Paypal who say my original purchase funds are on hold. How do we (buyer or seller) prove to Paypal that we are not in dispute as the issue has been settled amicably. The seller is not bothered  if Paypal keep the funds on hold as he has had his goods returned.

Surely my clicking the "Accept partial refund" button should show that I accept the offer and remove the hold on the Paypal account? The seller has his bike back and it is only me as mis-sold purchaser who is being penalised by Paypal keeping the case on hold when it is resolved and refusing me my money back.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.