SELLER/BUYER Payment Pending Issue

user1245
New Community Member

Both I and the seller are new to online purchasing/selling via Depop and have encountered PayPal's pending payment. My bank has shown that the money has been taken out of the account but on Paypal, it is pending on both sides. I looked at other community posts and saw this might be because of buyer protection and the seller will receive the payment within 21 days or less. 

My main question is will the seller receive the money? I want to make sure I don't need to issue a refund as money was taken out of my account but the seller hasn't received it yet nor has the item been shipped (for now). It's only been 2 days but I just want to make sure everything is going as it should be and the seller is okay to ship the item. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@user1245 

If it was for buyer protection, it would be marked completed on your end and marked as received but on hold on the seller's end. Something else is happening. Click on the transaction for more information. It could be a temporary authorization and the seller hasn't claimed the payment yet (unconfirmed email address), it could be an eCheck so payment is pending for clearance first or PayPal is reviewing the payment before sending it on to the seller.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

user1245
New Community Member

I can't really see anything in detail on my end both on Depop and PayPal, it just shows me the receipt and pending payment. Which again went through my bank but not on Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@user1245 

If it is only showing Pending in your bank account, then the seller has to claim the funds by making sure they've confirmed their paypal email address. Does the PayPal email receipt have a receipt ID number on it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.