Pending Payment

Temp20210723S
New Community Member
My friend paid me money through PayPal but the payment is still pending.... today is day number 6. Im extremely irritated and will never use PayPal again. Why do I not have this money and how long is this seriously going to take.. she informed me it did come out of her account already so where the hell is my money....
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210723S 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

However as you are receiving a 'gift' ie friends/family payment funded via a bank account (and not a card which would be instant) then its your turn to take the wait for the 'echeque' ie electronic transfer payment to clear. 

Your friend chose the 'free' option so you wait, the card option they would have paid a fee so it would have been instant.

Same as when you pay a seller except in this instance the seller would pay a fee to recieve the funds and so paypal would credit them upfront and they would take the wait instead. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.