Paypal Payment on Hold Help!

nickyflores2021
New Community Member

Hello! 

i'm a freelancer and I just got my salary sent by my employer but it's showing as pending and I tried walking through the employer to confirm receipt on his activity page but he is not showing it from his end. How do I get the payment release ASAP? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nickyflores2021 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jewls1122
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently in a similar situation.

I have been waiting for 11 days to receive $$$$ sent to me from a friend.  The $$$ is still "pending" on my end (even though the funds were immediately removed from his account).

There is no way to contact anyone @ PayPal, there is no way to reverse the transaction --> which leaves the $$$ is in a hostage situation.

I read on prior notes that even though they claim the $$$ will be released within 3-5 business days, it can take up to 21 days.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jewls1122 

Try getting your friend to use the correct option instead of blaming paypal??

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card). (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jewls1122
Contributor
Contributor
Stop trolling plz. My friend obv used the "correct" option or I wouldn't be "blaming" PayPal. But thanks!?!
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nickyflores2021 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.